We started by reading from the Prologue, introducing Semiramis the dagger and the terror of losing friends and family. Semiramis will become our next reading challenge as the lads prepare to design and build a paper knife at our next meeting. Who knows they may sleep with their blades the way Call did his first night at the Magisterium?
After our introduction work we started talking about the Magisterium and how Call had been coached for his entire twelve years of life to fail the entrance exam… spectacularly if at all possible. This got me thinking about a Guys Read version of the entrance exam. So why not take a look at our five question entrance exam and how we did?
At the end of the video we hint at a few extra credit opportunities, so challenge yourself… can you answer them?
- Find the sum of -7 through 800?
- Old McDonald had a farm. What happened to his farm since it says “had a farm?” Explain Deeply.
- If an earth mage uses dragon scales to make tea and a fire mage uses lichens to heat the tea, when does a dragon kill everyone in the city where the mages live?
- If a golem, composed of admantine, shatters a warven craftsman and embeds the shards with fire stone, how many standard size hammers can he make?
- Do you know the muffin man?
- A dragon flies at 45 mph, but the goblin runs at 50 mph. The dragon is 20 miles ahead of the goblin in 2 hours. What potion did the dragon take to get the boost?
Challenging I know!
So check back soon as the 7th/8th Grade guys build knives, carve ice and read deeper into The Iron Trial.